Arkansas Secretary of State Corporation Entity Search

Step 1 – Go to the Arkansas Secretary of State.

Step 2 – As stated in the video below, anyone may use the free search provided by the Arkansas Secretary of State’s office. Just click on the link in Step 1 and a user may search by: corporation name, fictitious name, registered agent, registered agent’s city, or filing number (#).

Step 3 – After typing in the desired name you will be brought to the a list of all the corporations that matched the keywords you typed. It will also provide the city and state it is located as well as the status which will be either: Good Standing, Dissolved, or Revoked.

Step 4 – Click on the green text link to the desired name and it will bring you to the corporation’s entity page that will list all it’s information including but not limited to: filing type, filed under, status, principal address, registered agent and address, date filed, and the officers.

How to Create a Corporation in Arkansas

Step 1 – Fill out the one of the Articles of Incorporation forms below.
Domestic ProfitFile Online – This is the most common form. Allows for a resident of Arkansas to create a standard for profit corporation.
Domestic Non Profit – Form 1 – If entity does not seek federal non profit status – Form 2 – If entity is seeking federal non profit status – File Online – Allows an applicant to create a domestic (in-state) non-profit corporation.
Foreign Non ProfitFile Online – Allows a non profit corporation located outside the State to operate in Arkansas.
Foreign ProfitFile Online – Allows an applicant that has a corporation located in another State to be able to conduct business in Arkansas.

Step 2 – If filing online, you will be asked to fill in the Franchise Tax Form online and pay the filing fee ($50 for domestic and $300 for foreign).
If filing via standard mail, send the completed articles of incorporation with the franchise tax form and filing fee (made payable to the Secretary of State) to: Business and Commercial Services, 1401 West Capitol Avenue, Ste. 250, Victory Building, Little Rock, AR 72201.

Step 3 – Wait for the articles to return in the mail and you will be able to setup an EIN (Tax ID) number that you may use to setup a bank account.

How to Reserve a Corporation Name
Many people will reserve an entity name before registering. To do this you must do the following:

Step 1 – Fill in the Name Reservation form either online or download the form.

Step 2 – If filing online you be instructed to pay the $25 fee.

If you are doing a paper filing the form must be completed with a check enclosed for $25 payable to the Arkansas Secretary of State and send to Business & Commercial Services, 250 Victory Building, 1401 W. Capitol, Little Rock
State Capitol • Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-1094.

United States